For those new to the nocturnal meditations, here is where to go to begin your path. While there is a general sequence of events that leads to having lucid dreams, lucid dreaming is not a one-size-fits-all practice, and it doesn’t abide by strict step-by-step sequences. Shrinking the practice of lucid dreaming to such a sequence doesn’t honor the subtlety and complexity of the process. In other words, good luck with any such regimented approach. Success in lucid dreaming occurs by addressing all the factors that come together to initiate lucidity (this is such a big topic that I’m devoting an entire forthcoming book to it). While this could be a bit frustrating for those wanting instant lucid dreams, or a clear-cut path, this more systemic and comprehensive approach has been shown to be vastly more successful than a cut-and-dry linear approach. In the wisdom traditions it is often taught “The preliminaries are more important than the main practice.” If you create the proper field of dreams, lucid dreaming will come.
With that said, here is the recommended sequence of webinars for those just starting out that specifically present “How to have lucid dreams,” along with the interviews from our expert guests that best support the beginner. If you have questions, send them in advance of any upcoming webinar, or ask them live during the webinar. We want to make sure you get the help you are looking for.
Recommended sequence of webinars
Here is an overview of all the webinars to date, to help you find what you’re looking for:
- Webinar 1: Introduction to Night Club – Why now?
- Webinar 2: Lucid Dreaming “State of the Union” address
- Webinar 3: Introduction to the Benefits of Lucid Dreaming – Why Bother?
- Webinar 4: Benefits of Lucid Dreaming – Collateral Benefits
- Webinar 5: Benefits of Lucid Dreaming – Mental, Physical, Spiritual
- Webinar 6: Benefits of Lucid Dreaming – Mental, Physical, Spiritual
- Webinar 7: Personal reflections on recent lucid dreams
- Webinar 8: The Importance of good sleep hygiene (Western tips)
- Webinar 9: The Importance of good sleep hygiene (Eastern tips)
- Webinar 10: Public Webinar – The Bias of Wake Centricity
- Webinar 11: How to have lucid dreams (foundational techniques)
- Webinar 12: How to have lucid dreams (foundational techniques)
- Webinar 13: How to have lucid dreams (the power of meditation)
- Webinar 14: Public Webinar – How sleep and dream prepare for death
- Webinar 15: How to have lucid dreams (the power of meditation)
- Webinar 16: How to have lucid dreams (the power of meditation)
- Webinar 17: Question and Answer
- Webinar 18: How to have lucid dreams (Western daytime techniques)
- Webinar 19: How to have lucid dreams (Eastern daytime techniques)
- Webinar 20: How to have lucid dreams (the practice of illusory form)
- Webinar 21: Question and Answer